- Nothing on this website should be construed as legal advice for your individual circumstances.
- This website is not intended to market King @ Law's services outside the state of North Carolina.
- Any information submitted to King @ Law is subject to the North Carolina Bar Associations ethics rules for confidentiality.
- Mr. King is not an expert in any specific area of law.
- No purchase of legal services will be considered final unless approved by Mr. King. Mr. King may refund your purchase and refuse to provide services if a conflict of interest is discovered, or for any other reason.
Scope of Services
All fees are considered earned, due, and payable when a legal service is purchased. Each service includes only those specific deliverables mentioned in the product description, subject to the limitations and elaborations in these terms. Additional legal services may be needed depending on your circumstances.
YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IF IT TURNS OUT YOU DIDN'T NEED ALL OF THE THINGS INCLUDED IN A SERVICE. YOUR SERVICE WILL NOT BE COMPLETED IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE IT OR DO NOT PROVIDE REQUESTED INFORMATION/DELIVERABLES FOR AT LEAST THREE MONTHS.
Simple Divorce Filings. This service includes the following:
- Drafting a Complaint, Summons, and SCRA affidavit based on information you provide.
- Filing these documents with the court and paying the court fees
- Service of process via certified mail using an address you provide.
- After 30 days, a motion for default judgment in favor of divorce.
- Up to two 30-minute phone meetings with an attorney.
This service will require your cooperation to sign and notarize documents, provide accurate information (including a current address for your spouse), and so on.
This service only covers divorces that qualify for divorce by clerk under §50-10(e) and does not cover any in-person court appearances. You will not qualify for divorce by clerk if, for example, your spouse makes counter-claims, you need the court to divide a 401k, or your spouse is in the military. Additionally, some counties may require in-person hearings even for simple divorces.
Securing a divorce judgment can have irrevocable legal consequences. It is recommended you purchase a consultation to get legal advice before purchasing this service and/or sign/notarize a separation agreement before filing.
Mediation/Arbitration. King @ Law's mediation/arbitration package is a 90-day process that includes:
- An introductory call
- A collection of statutes and caselaw relevant to your dispute
- Gathering and sharing evidence between the parties
- Sharing settlement offers between the parties
- Up to three 15-30 minute phone calls with each party
- A summary of what was agreed to or ordered.
- One draft document
- Up to three 30-minute meetings
- Up to two rounds of revision