- Nothing on this website should be construed as legal advice for your individual circumstances.
- This website is not intended to market King @ Law's services outside the state of North Carolina.
- Any information submitted to King @ Law is subject to the North Carolina Bar Associations ethics rules for confidentiality.
- Mr. King is not an expert in any specific area of law.
- No purchase of legal services will be considered final unless approved by King @ Law. Mr. King may refund your purchase and refuse to provide services if a conflict of interest is discovered, or for any other reason.
Scope of Services
All fees are considered earned, due, and payable when a legal service is purchased. Each service includes only those specific deliverables listed below. Additional legal services may be needed depending on your circumstances. A $50 consultation is recommended before purchasing a legal service. YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IF YOU PURCHASED A SERVICE YOU DIDN'T NEED OR THAT DOESN'T COVER WHAT YOU NEED.
- Drafting a Complaint, Summons, and SCRA affidavit.
- Filing these documents with the court and paying the court fees
- Completing an SCRA Affidavit, which confirms your spouse is not in the military.
- Filing these documents with the court and paying any filing fees.
- Service of process via certified mail using an address for your spouse that you provide.
- After 30 days, a motion for default judgment in favor of divorce.
- Up to two 30-minute phone meetings with an attorney.
This service will require your cooperation, including providing an accurate address for your spouse and providing extensive information needed for the Complaint.
This service will not be adequate if (a) you do not know where your spouse lives (b) you do not qualify for divorce by clerk under §50-10(e) (c) your spouse files any counterclaims or contests the divorce (d) you need the court to divide a 401K, (e) your spouse is in the military, or (f) in other circumstances. Filing for divorce can have serious legal consequences. A consultation and separation agreement are almost always recommended first.
Mediation/Arbitration. King @ Law's mediation/arbitration package is a 90-day process that includes:
- An introductory call
- A collection of statutes and caselaw relevant to your dispute
- Gathering and sharing evidence between the parties
- Sharing settlement offers between the parties
- Up to three 15-30 minute phone calls with each party
- A summary of what was agreed to or ordered.
- One draft document
- Up to three 30-minute meetings
- Up to two rounds of revision